Sonic 1 Tag Team Adventure
Hello, everyone it’s me Jdpense, the guy known for terrible hacks like the Classic Heroes rip offs (S3&K Tag Team), unplayable gimmick hacks that serve no purpose (S3&K Choatix Edition), and forgettable hacks that not too many people cared for (Chaos Adventure).
This hack is yet another rip off hack of Classic Heroes, but now there is a 4th player added! This hack is a celebration hack for my 10 years of hacking Sonic games since 2010, and I saw this year’s contest is happening earlier than usual. As a foresight, I decided to switch to Sonic 1 to keep things simple.
- 6-Button Pad support
- SEGA Team Player support
- Ability to play as 4 characters in game at once (with their own AI)
- 3 Extra Characters added with their own abilities and movesets
- Tails, Knuckles, and Amy
- Ability to swap between players by pressing the Y Button
- Ability to change your character by pressing the X Button
- New Menus added with SRAM Functionality
- Pause Menu Added
- Level Select: Up, Down, Left, Right, A
Tools/Assets Used & Credits
- 6-button pad and SEGA Team Player support guide by Aurora Fields
- Sonic 1 2005 Hivebrain disassembly by Hivebrain
- SonMapED by Xenowhirl
- Tails Sonic 1 Sprite Sheet Rips by Parky33
- Sonic Advance 3 Sonic Factory Sprite Sheet Rips by Geo Prower
- Sonic CD Sonic Sprites Rips by Victor T (Zenor)
- Amy Rose custom Sonic 1 and 2 Sprites by Psi
- Sonic 1 animation and mapping extension guide by Markey Jester
- (xm3smps by Nineko)
- Sonic 1 Free up Ram guide by Advanced?
- Sonic Advance 2 Sprite Sheet rips by Eternal Light
Sonic Metropolis Credits
All credit for this hack goes to Jdpense and all aforementioned contributors to the project.