By Hardline Team
Ever stumble upon locations which evoke such feelings of gloom and creepiness as to create an unforgettable impression? Can you hear the roar of various and numerous monsters? Do you feel the heat under your feet?
Hardline Team is proud to present you a new chapter of the blue hedgehog’s adventures in an outlandish setting – Hellfire Saga!
Sonic finds his realm transformed, merging with the demon realm to form a nightmarish scape littered with legions of hungry-for-blood demons. Help Sonic to escape from hell and return to his home world!
In the new demo version of this project, Sonic runs through not only zones which have been updated from the previous version, but also the capital of hell, dominated by Death itself – Sin City, a zone containing new enemies, layouts and mechanics!
- Infernal levels of hurricane action, chaos, and bloodshed!
- A new HP system!
- New custom powerup – the skull! It can be found in secret areas and makes you invulnerable…in unique way. In addition, there are the returning elemental shields.
- New bosses and enemies, paying homage to games such as Castlevania and Ghosts ‘n Goblins!
- Sound test and difficulty options (including Assist Mode)!
- Rocking soundtrack comprised of covers of some of the best tracks from Castlevania and many other games!
- And lots more…
- FDZ: Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Boss
- SCZ: Act 1, Act 2
- MGZ: Act 1, Act 2
NOTES ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY
- We designed this game with a certain difficulty level in mind. If possible, we recommend playing the game on that mode. However, we recognize that not everyone enjoys the kind of harder experience Hellfire Saga aims to be or has time to invest into mastering boss patterns. And that’s fine! That’s why we created Assist Mode, which allows for a more comfortable time and can be toggled in the options menu.
- Some bosses explode with screen flashes. If that’s an issue for you, they can be turned off in the options menu.
- Narcologer – Project lead, programming, main game and story concept, some boss and enemy sprites, custom powerup
- TheBlad768 – Main programming, creating the HAGE engine, some boss and enemy sprites, cutscenes, blood, weather effects, SEGA and title screen implementation, sound driver modification.
- FoxConED – Hardline team leader, music creation, programming, sound driver modification.
- mrcat-pixel – Art direction, level design, tileset and background art, sprite art, writing help.
- VladislavSavvateev – Programming, HardLine screen implementation, sound driver modification, tool programming.
- AURORA☆FIELDS – AMPS sound driver, programming, moving lava and parallax engine implementation.
- Gerry Trevino – Composing the main theme.
- GENATAR_i – Music creation.
- Ralakimus – Programming, HUD implementation.
- Hotmilk – Writing.
- VAdaPEGA – Sprite art.
- Trickster – Sprite art.
- Sergey ESN – Sprite art.
- Nat the Porcupine – Sprite art.
- Sosocheck69 – Concept artist.
- ProjectFM – One of the bosses and its sprite art.
- cuberoot – Programming development tools.
- N-BAH – Programming development tools.
- SHooTeR – General help, programming development tools.
- Solareyn Eylinor – Directing cutscene animation.
- malamus – Testing and feedback.
- Vladikcomper – Programming, improved Kosinski, Nemesis alghorithms, Advanced Error Handler.
- Flamewing – Ultra DMA Queue, improved Kosinski Module alghorithm.
Featuring enemies and bosses from:
- Castlevania (Bloodlines, Rondo of Blood, Dracula X, Symphony of Night, Super ~ 4, Java);
- Ghosts n Goblins (ARCADE), Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Ghouls n Ghosts;
- Kid Chameleon;
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past;
- Splatterhouse 2;
- Demon’s Crest;
- Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2;
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse;
- GS Mikami,
which have been edited by sprite artists to fit the game’s artstyle where time permitted; additionally, featuring character sprites from:
- Shinbaloonba – Sonic;
- Gabriel_aka_Frag – Rouge;
- Skylights – Tikal;
- teamhedgehog – Honey;
- EchidKnux – Death,
also edited where possible. (Please excuse the messy placeholders, we’re working on it!)
Featuring music from:
- Castlevania (Super ~ 4, Portrait of Ruin, Symphony of the Night, Aria Of Sorrow)
- Elemental Master;
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3;
- Dragon’s Fury;
- Gerry Trevino;
covered by our musicians.