Big the Cat in Sonic the Hedgehog
Big the Cat in Sonic the Hedgehog (aka Big in Sonic 1) is a character swap hack of the game Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive, with character Big the Cat as playable character in place of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Big is slower and heavier than Sonic, but can use his bulk and fishing rod to breeze through areas. In addition, Froggy is hidden in every act besides Final Zone. Try and help Big find him.
- Lure Attack: Hold A to aim lure, the longer you hold the further it will throw.
- Body Slam: Hold Down and press B or C while jumping to slam down on anything under you.
- Swim: Big will automatically float in water. Hold Down to sink.
- Big can also smash walls just by running through them.
- The lure can not touch certain objects offscreen.
- On rare circumstances, the casting flag will not reset properly, disabling the move.
- Some demos are not redone, resulting in off-sync behaviour.
- Occasional odd behaviour when swimming, hold down to reset in such circumstances.
Special Thanks: To DeltaWooloo, HitaxasTV, CampbellSonic, D.A. Garden and many others on the Retro forum and Discord server.